As Principal I wish you a very warm welcome to Byne Christian School! We are in the heart of the Albany community and we have succeeded in providing local families an excellent Classical Christian based education delivered by exceptional teachers.
The statement, “Shaping Tomorrow’s Christian Leaders Today” is our guiding principle that tells you our heartbeat educationally. Byne Christian School is a classical Christian school with a hand on the past and an eye to the future. It is our desire to partner with parents in the discipleship process of their child.
Mission & Vision
Byne Christian School was founded in 1983 with the mission to train students to know, honor, and worship God in all aspects of life, and to see His handiwork in every subject taught.
- Upholding a biblical foundation established by the founding fathers in 1983.
- Partnering with parents in the discipleship of their children.
- Utilizing the Scripture as the final authority for truth by which all curriculum must submit.
- Maintaining a racially diverse student body that models a true sense of community.
- Ministering to the educational and extra curricular needs of the families in SWGA, including homeschooling families.
- Offering a high academic college preparatory standard for all graduates.
- Recognizing and working with the different learning styles within the student body.
- Preserving a healthy teacher-student ratio for optimal learning.
- Ongoing safety and security measures which includes, but is not limited to, security cameras and coded courtyard gates.
Classical Christian Education
Byne’s move to a classical Christian school is a response to a call from the leadership, faculty, and the school community to provide a higher level of academic standard with a Christ-centered education. By using the trivium model (grammar, dialectic/logic, and rhetoric stages), the goal is that our students will be even more firmly equipped to analyze and discern right from wrong with a clear Biblical worldview. “Classical methodology capitalizes on the strengths of God’s creative work by requiring of a child what he is best quipped to do: memorization-grammar stage; argument-dialectic/logic stage; analysis and expression- rhetoric stage.” (ACSI. org) One of the distinctives will be to develop thinkers and “lifelong learners,” in the midst of a society that tends to focus on “teaching to the test.”